My Lightroom workflow
Published Wed Feb 28 2018 09:42:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
- Import photos
- Reject bad photos, and delete them from disk
- Filter out unrated images
- Tag with keywords
- Camera profile
- White balance
- Colour calibration
- Colour grading
- Masked adjustments (including eye enhancement)
- Adjust lens blur
- Photoshop adjustments (if necessary)
Final checksBefore I export a photo, I do a final check of the following things
- Balance of colour channels and histogram
- Background brightness doesn't distract from the subject
- There's not too much contrast or saturation
- Colour is adding something. If it's not, convert to B&W
I rate in quite a rudimentary way. Anything with 1 or more stars will be processed further. Anything with 0 stars is filtered out from further processing/uploading (but kept for the future, just in case).
Keywords are just there to help find photos in the future — and are preserved when uploading to Flickr, which helps.
I use Topaz Labs software to enhance images at the end of the process, when I've finished working with all the RAW data and am almost ready to export the image.